There is no statutory requirement setting vehicle standards other than general product liability legislation and general consumer protection legislation such as the Supply of Goods and Services Act and the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations which govern what terms may be used and will be upheld in contracts entered into with consumers.
There are no special legal requirements for setting up a rental company beyond the normal legal requirements when starting up any other type of business. There is more information available on the GOV.UK website. Information is also available to assist from Companies House.
For further information visit the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) website, ‘Do I need to be authorised?’ or contact them on their firm helpline on 0845 606 9966 or 0300 500 0597.
- Arthur J Gallagher Insurance Brokers - tel: 0208 018 7455
- Martinez & Partners Ltd t/a M&P Insurance Solutions - tel: 01256 355656
- MS Automotive (London) Ltd – tel: 0207 480 5461
- Towergate Insurance – tel: 0844 8921434
- Sentinel Insurance Solutions Ltd – tel: 01189 311008
Prohire Software Systems Ltd - tel: 01795 434000