The Technical and Operational Management Committee has been operating for a number of years with the objective of steering the content of the TOM forum. TOM Forum membership costs £240 per member, which allows two delegates to attend each of the three forums events thorughout the year, further details can be accessed from the quick links on the right. One of the main areas of work currently being undertaken by the committee is a project to develop a vehicle recall database which will allow members to be notified electronically of vehicles which are subject to recall notification. Other areas include: manufacturers support terms, impact of changes to the motor vehicle block exemption regulation and developments in telematics and the impact on SMR budgets.
Committee objectives are:
- To stimulate discussion and debate on general issues of vehicle, service and repair, as well as vehicle and contract administration.
- To improve communications between vehicle manufacturers, suppliers, service providers and BVRLA members.
- To promote practices and administration improvements to provide added protection for member's companies under their ‘duty of care’ responsibilities.
- To discuss and review impending legislation to protect BVRLA members' interests and promote constructive legislation of benefit to the supply chain.
- Working to protect and improve the sector's competitiveness, organising benchmarking exercises, as necessary, to identify and spread best practice in the sector.
- 27 June 2018, Amersham
- 21 November 2018, Amersham
To suggest items for discussion at future committee meetings including legislation changes or areas where best practice is needed, email Amanda Brandon, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01494 545701.
|Dave Tanner - Chairman||Lex Autolease||02921 384999|
|Antony Martin- Vice Chairman||Zenith||01344 466 415|
|Chris Joyce||Fleet Hire||0844 8545 126|
|Bill Bluer/Stephen Phillips||Arval UK Ltd||01793 88700|
|Mark Hammond||TCH Leasing||0114 257 4200|
|Neil Dixon||LeasePlan UK Ltd||01753 802393|
|Darren Adams||Hitachi Capital Vehicle Solutions||01635 589581|
|Martin Brown||Marshall Leasing||01480 414541|
|Phil Turle||ALD Automotive||0117 908 6506|
|Cliff Irvine||Hertz UK||01895 627000|